Thursday, November 24, 2011

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For


Today I am thankful for (in no particular order):
  1. Being "adopted" by my best friends family for Thanksgiving so my children and I don't spend the day alone (hubby and I split right after Thanksgiving last year so this year I don't have him & my step children here)
  2. The first time in 16 years I don't have to single-handedly cook a Thanksgiving feast
  3. Britney's Bipolar is stabilized
  4. My best friend is on the mend physically and emotionally following her double mastectomy and numerous complications and subsequent surgeries to 'fix' the problems encountered
  5. Haley's boyfriend of 2 years is finally making efforts to come over and get to know us
  6. The wonderful people I have encountered that truly understand where I'm coming from since I began this blog (you ladies know you are and I am so thankful for you!)
  7. Britney's stabilization has allowed us to get closer
  8. My new-found love of and talent for making homemade cards
  9. My friend letting me use her endless supply of crafting supplies to make homemade cards (it has been so therapeutic)
  10. My daughters!
I will get back on track with posting after the Thanksgiving holiday. I have spent a great deal of time helping my friend on her road to recovery following her mastectomy. It has been an honor for me to help her during her lowest point and I'm glad I was able to help.

More Bipolar posts coming up but first I have to stuff my face and then dig in the back of my closet for my "fat pants" to wear for a couple of weeks :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment